lunes, 31 de mayo de 2010

Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.

If you received the error "Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32." When trying to browse a Sharepoint List, it seems that you have corrupt data in a content Database, for me it was a negative value in the tp_ItemCount of one of our lists.

To check this, run the following query pointing to the Content DB of the Site which is giving the error:

Select (select webs.FullUrl from webs where webs.Id = tp_WebId) as [url], *

From AllLists

Where tp_ItemCount <>

Order by tp_ItemCount


In order to solve this you should contact Microsoft support as modifying data directly in the content database is not supported. As for me was a DEV environment, I count the items and enter the value by myself. You should count as items documents and folders as well. I repeat, this is not supported, modify this at your own risk.

No hay comentarios: